Friday, June 1, 2012

Words of Wisdom from Lucien...






In spite of the challenges that he faces on a daily basis, Lucien is one of the most positive people I know. A couple of years ago we were at my mother's home for Thanksgiving. We have a large, close extended family and traditionally spent all of the major holidays together. The dining room table was extended into the living room. Lucien let me know that he needed to use the bathroom. There was little space between the table and doorway and I am not a tiny person. I said, "I don't know Lucien! I'm not sure I can make it through there. I don't think I can!" When we finally squeezed through I told him, "Oh my gosh! We did it!" Lucien looked at me very seriously. He said, "You know what your problem is mom? You don't believe in yourself. Take me for example..." He went on to describe a specific incident in which he had faith in his ability to perform a task and was ultimately successful.
Just the other day in the car Lucien said, "You know, mom... There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Some are glass half empty people and some are glass half full people. I think I'm a glass half full kind of guy."
You sure are Lucien...
How is it that he's got this all figured out at nine and I'm still trying to figure it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment